Herbed Rice Stuffing with Rosemary Lemon Salt
Perfect for guests who may be wheat or gluten sensitive. Simple herbs flavor this dish and make it the perfect accompaniment to any kind of Turkey preparation, whether it be baked, smoked or grilled. Sprinkle in some nuts or dried cranberries to add a little pop of color and texture complex to your dish.
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 5 stalks of celery
- 1 small-medium butternut squash, cubed
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 1 tbsp Dill
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1⁄2 tsp cardamom
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 tsp PWS Rosemary Lemon Infused Sea Salt
- 24-32 oz. Chicken Stock
- In a 3-4 qt saute pan, brown your spices in the olive oil on medium heat.
- After a minute or two add in the onion, garlic, squash and celery. Next mix in the rice and herbs and allow it to soak up a bit of the moisture released from the vegetables.
- Lastly, add in the chicken stock and allow to simmer for about 12-15 minutes. If you desire to stuff your Turkey prior to cooking, leave the rice slightly “crunchy”. If not, continue to cook, adding more stock if desired until your rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with herbs.