Singled Potatoes with Rosemary Lemon Salt
3-4 Yukon Gold Potatoes 3-4 Red Potatoes
2-3 small Sweet Potatoes 5 tbsps. Olive Oil
2 1⁄2 tsp PWS Rosemary Lemon Salt, set aside 1⁄2 tsp for cheese sauce 1 tsp ground pepper
2 springs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
4 oz. shredded gouda 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk 1⁄2 cup flour
1 tsp garlic powder
- Prepare a 9×5 baking dish by greasing it with butter or oil. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Thinly slice potatoes. This can be done with a mandolin or food processor.
- Toss slices in oil, infused salt, pepper, and fresh herbs. Allow to rest.
- To prepare the cheese sauce, heat the butter in a saucepan and allow the butter to color a bit. To the brown butter, gradually whisk in flour until thoroughly combined, then add in the milk.
- Remove saucepan from heat and add in remaining infused salt and garlic powder. Stir in the shredded cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Begin to arrange potato slices in a linear fashion in the dish. Once the first layer is complete, evenly pour a portion of the cheese sauce over the potatoes. Repeat until you have used most all of your potato slices (about three layers).
- Coat the top of the potatoes with grated cheese and or herbs and allow bake for approximately 45 minutes. Your final product should be bubbling with cheesy goodness and slightly browned on top.